At first glance, a moth infestation may seem like a minor, unsightly problem, especially when it’s compared to other types of insect infestations, such as swarms of wasps and mosquitoes.
Looking at moth infestations closely, however, will lead to a few shocking realizations in regards to how costly and destructive they can be. When overlooked, a moth infestation can generate significant damages in addition to the various health hazards.
How Moth Infestations Can Cost You Money
Generally, the costliness of a moth infestation lies in the fact that they can affect multiple parts of your home in only a short amount of time. A moth breeding infestation can be found in almost every room and can grow into an even bigger problem. If you aren’t convinced, let’s look at the following rooms that can be affected by a moth infestation and how they can turn into a financial catastrophe:
- The kitchen: That’s where you eat everything at home and store your most valuable appliances.
- The pantry: That’s where you keep all your food.
- The cabinet: That’s where you store your valuable clothes and shoes that you’ve acquired over the years.
- Your perfectly curated and seemingly seamless living room arrangement: With everything being connected, one part of the living room that gets affected by a moth infestation will affect every part of your home.
Any pest or insect infestation can be both costly and dangerous, which makes it paramount to keep the situation under control and prevent the situation from getting worse. When it comes to controlling a moth infestation, it’s safe to say that you can’t do it on your own. Letting a professional take over the issue can help tremendously in removing the pests effectively and preventing them from coming back.
Signs to watch out for
Fortunately, spotting a moth infestation before things get immensely worse is far easier than one may expect because of how easy it is to spot the telltale signs. If you feel like you’re on the verge of having a moth infestation in your home, here are a few signs to watch out for before things get worse:
- Seeing moths surrounding your home’s various lights and lightbulbs
- Random holes in your clothes and linens
- The presence of moths in your kitchen and pantry
- Moth larvae constantly crawling over your home’s flat surfaces and carpets
Why should you hire a professional to take care of the job?
As opposed to jury-rigging a moth population control procedure, hiring a professional to deal with the issue can speed up the process, cost you far less, and generate long-lasting results.
From the first home visit, a professional can spot various signs that may not be as obvious to the regular homeowner, easily telling what type of moth is doing the damage and what you need to fix it. Once the specific type of moth is detected, a pest control expert will apply the appropriate measures based on the moth’s habit, diet, and habitat, effectively removing their entire population from your home.
If you aren’t careful, a moth infestation can bring about copious amounts of damages in your home while putting the health of your family at risk—even more so if you live in moth-populous areas like Australia.
If you’re looking for professional pest control services in Melbourne to help you get rid of moths infestations, get in touch with us to see how we can help!